14/09/2014

Is it too early to start thinking about Christmas?

Considering that it’s only the second week in September, Christmas seems to have come up a few too many times this week. From the unforgivable act of our local Tesco putting out the Christmas chocolate (ignoring back to school, Halloween, bonfire night and hell, even just autumn in general) to certain family members trying to organise who is having Christmas/Boxing Day parties. We don’t even know where we are going to be living come December!

But it did get me thinking about my promises last year of a ‘handmade Christmas’ which resulted in one handmade scarf and a couple of Christmas decorations, so while I maintain that it is far too early for shops to be putting out the Christmas stuff, for those of you like myself who are hoping to knit/crochet/sew a significant portion of your gifts starting to think about this now is no bad thing.

You don’t have to start making just yet, but having a plan and starting to source materials and patterns is a great start. I don’t doubt that craft sellers will have started making their Christmas stock months ago.

So, I've spent my morning browsing pinterest, ravelry and many of my favourite blogs for some inspiration. And you know what; it feels pretty good to be prepared.


8 comments:

  1. I haven't even started to think about Christmas! I reckon I'll probably forgo making my own gifts this year in favour of supporting independent makers (i.e. buying everything on Etsy at the last minute :p) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good plan that's my back-up, but last year I left it so late that I'd missed Christmas postage for most Etsy sellers - nightmare! xxx

      Delete
  2. Aha, where I work we've got halloween stuff out, and advent calendars and selection boxes. I keep hearing that there's only 3 pay days until Christmas though so when you put it like that I think it's a good thing to start thinking about present buying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that does sound even closer, my boyfriend informed me today it's just 15 weekends away, so definitely time to start making!

      Delete
  3. I' guilty of planning Christmas already but I think working in the hotel industry makes me like this! We've been working on Christmas since March! And it went full force after the Bank Holiday!

    Cat from Outside Beauty Inside Health

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope! It's never too early to start thinking about Christmas (3 months today!) - I've been wondering how many homemade presents I can create sat here at home over the next two months! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been thinking about homemade Christmas presents, too. I didn't make half what I had hoped to last year, hopefully I'll do better this year!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...