21/06/2013

Photography - the bargain macro lens

The great weather we’ve had recently gave the perfect opportunity to try out some macro lenses I received for my birthday. I would love a proper macro lens for my canon but they’re upwards of around £200! The lens used to take the pictures below was around £10 and as you can see they do a pretty good job – it’s a Neewer close up + 10 lens and simply screws on to the end of a standard lens and acts as a magnifier. I had so much fun practising on some of the plants in the garden, it’s so close up that you feel like you’re revealing another world. So many possibilities... I’d love to try and take some after it rains to see if I can get some rain drops on the leaves and flowers. It takes some practise to get good images and I’ll admit most of these were luck! But for £10 it’s such a bargain and the kit also comes with + 1, +2 and + 4 lenses. These are my favourites, I can't wait to take the lens out again and have another go.






This last one is of the + 10 lens used to take the pictures above.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures!
    I bought a Panasonic Lumix recently but I'm still struggling to find the macro setting on it! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Macro settings on cameras usually have a flower as a symbol, the panasonic could be different though! x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures ... I love macro photography ... it's amazes me the detail we miss with the naked eye ... happy snapping ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree, it's so amazing to get even closer to nature. Thanks xxx

      Delete
  3. Hi I just found your lovely Blog, the photos look great. I'm going to look up those lens now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they really are worth the money just to practise with.

      Delete
  4. These pictures are beautiful! I keep fluttering my eyelashes at my boyfriend for a REAL camera...but I will have to make do with my phone camera for now!

    K x

    http://jack-and-ginger.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes it took a while to get a decent camera but was really worth it! x

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...