02/04/2013

I heart knitted fingerless gloves

Not that I want to go on and on about the weather but I’d assumed I wouldn’t get to use these knitted gloves until next winter, but after finishing them a few weeks ago they’ve come in very useful! They accompanied me on a walk last weekend and as you can see they were perfect for layering over some thin black gloves.


The pretty heart pattern is one I found on ravelry – which I’m now obsessed with, free knitting patterns AMAZING. I’d highly recommend trying this one out and it encouraged forced me to learn magic loop knitting (see earlier post for a tutorial) and something called an afterthought thumb, which isn’t explained on the pattern but this step by step guide is really helpful.


They took just a few #creativesunite sessions to complete, once I’d figured the magic loop thing out and I think I’ll be doing some more for Christmas presents later in the year.


They also look good worn without gloves underneath; perhaps I’ll try this outdoors when the temperature rises a bit!


3 comments:

  1. I adore fingerless gloves - always great for keeping my fingers somewhat warm in the winter and still being able to use my camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute. I live in mine. I have poor circulation so I wear a pair most of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really lovely, actually makes me want to try knitting again!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...