13/04/2013

A day at Drusillas Park

Last weekend the boyfriend and I visited Drusillas Park, a small zoo in East Sussex. It was a beautiful sunny day and although the zoo is really more for families (there’s loads of interactive stuff and huge playground) we had a great time looking around. I’m never really sure how I feel about zoos, seeing wild animals in cages just doesn’t seem right, but I know how hard many zoos work to contribute to conservation and protect endangered species. So, while I remain unconvinced it was still a chance to have a practise with my camera. I love taking photos of animals, particularly close ups, as you can probably guess!







3 comments:

  1. I feel the exact same way towards zoo's and aquariums etc. It's a shame their not in their natural habitat but then again there are breeding programmes and the like.
    Gorgeous photos anyways. The otter seems very chilled out for an otter! haha

    - Danielle. http://thesweetnesstalks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo of the meerkat with the little girl and her camera in the background! I know Drusillas very well- it's only a hop, skip and jump from our house. I also know someone that volunteers there and have been assured they do everything they can to ensure the animals are as happy as they can be in captivity. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same battles with Zoos, I love them but then I can't help but feel sad for these aniamls because they aren't in the wild. But then like you say so many Zoos do good work for animals in the wild etc.
    I just hope that they are looked after, which most of them are and its clear to see that the people who work at some Zoos adore/love these animals.

    Hannah
    x
    www.daintyandivory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...