11/11/2012

Finished project - knitted blanket

This was another of those projects that I started years ago then gave up/forgot about, and I’m so happy to have finally finished it. Even though the design is a heart (you can tell better in the last picture) the combination of red and white feel quite Christmassy and being wool it’s perfect for colder winter evenings. Despite taking a long time to make, it’s really simple – just knit lots and LOTS of squares arrange into your desired pattern and sew together with wool. Don’t you just love that feeling when you finish a project that has been on the go for ages? I’ve also got some red and white wool left so am in need of inspiration for a Christmas themed knit.



3 comments:

  1. Lovely :) Well done for finishing it! Must've taken ages xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I've no idea how long it actually took as I kept starting and stopping - but it's been on the go for years! xx

      Delete
  2. This looks so warm and cosy. I love the way you've used the red and white to create a really graphic and bold pattern. Very Swedish modern.

    And, you've inspired me to have a go at finishing one or two of my unfinished works :)

    x Elena @ Randomly Happy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...