10/02/2012

Accessory make-under

It seems style and accessory DIY is having a bit of a moment right now, from adding homemade collars onto cardigans to revamping old bags, and as much as I’m a fan of fashion DIY I also like my style to be simple. So I’m also a big fan of the make-under - its often quicker, cheaper and your items will be just as unique.

This morning I transformed a necklace I was given as a gift (several years ago) from something I’d never worn into something I’d wear any day of the week, in a matter of minutes.

As you can see from the first photo it’s a lovely enough as it is, but for me the diamantes on the bird and the ball are just too much, I’m really not a diamante kind of girl. I did however love the cute postcard so with a small pair of pliers I removed the other two pendants and that’s it, instantly more wearable and I’ve saved the pendants for future crafting.  

The best thing is that it cost me absolutely nothing! So before getting rid of an item it’s always worth thinking not only if there is anything you can add to it to make it more ‘you’, but also if there’s anything you can remove from it.



2 comments:

  1. Really love this. I tend to enjoy more simple things so it's definitely true that removing things would be better for my crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, yes it's a great way to start crafting!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...